Bought my Dream sander today

Bryan Cowing

Always wanted one of these sanders so I drove north about 120 miles one way to pick up a used 6"x108" belt, industrial quality sander off a young lady artist/woodworker. She moved and the sander was way too big for her new shop. I jumped on this one as they usually have 3 phase motors!! :D It must weigh 700 pounds! Cabinet must be made from 1/8" thick steel! Rock solid on my shop floor! Made in Toronto, Ontario by Progress. It has a 2 hp 1750 rpm single phase motor, with tons of power :thumb:. The front table is missing :dunno:, but I think I can easily make one up. Now I just got to sell :wave:the dark green 3 yr old Chinese 6x99 oscillating belt sander. No room to store it in my crowded shop.
IMG_4884-1.JPG

IMG_4870.JPG

All fixed up and ready to work!

New 60 grit belt, a replacement table made from doubled up MDF. A 12" length of old galvanized water pipe and new flange made a nice table support. I had to grind the hole a 1/16" larger in the support arm to fit the water pipe using my little air die grinder and a 5/8 diameter stone. The sander is so heavy, it's very hard to slide on the smooth concrete floor. I made up some slide-able feet using nylon furniture glides so it will slide away from the wall if I need to sand on the front end. Just drill a center hole and add a 1/4-20 flat head stove bolt to the rubber/nylon glide. Just need to find some wood grain counter top laminate and the new end table top would match. Very happy with my purchase! :D The sander is in like new condition.:) My chinese 6x99 sander sold in two days! :thumb: Now I can get back to my projects.:wave:
IMG_4904.JPG

IMG_4903.JPG

IMG_4905.JPG

IMG_4906.JPG