Dunno if this one will survive the ride or not, but it has so far........ with some help from Mr. CA Glue that is
In >> this thread <<, I show how I processed some large chunks of wood I have, on the largest piece, there was this "Bump" that I cut off, and it looked to have some interesting figure in it, but it also had a bad inclusion/void in it......
You can see it here
Well, it DOES have some nice figure and burl in it, but man did it want to fly apart at times.
I took it down to nearly an 1/8" except the bottom, which I left a full 1/4", and it is still a bit green, too green to sand, I tried, so I'll DNA soak it, and then, once dry, I'll sand it.
This is how it looks now....
Attachment 19312 Attachment 19313 Attachment 19314 Attachment 19315
The big hole in the side sure made emptying the shavings out of this hollow form easy