Thread: Turning Bracelets

Turning Bracelets

Well as most of you know, turning is not cheap, so my girlfriend has been getting on me about the money spent on it so I have decided that I should make her a little something and a bracelet came into my mind. The pictures I attached and the one made in this article are ones I have thought about making. http://www.turnwood.net/projects/tur..._bracelets.htm I was wondering if you guys had any ideas on how else I could go about this?
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _wsb_230x180_2+Wallnut+bangles.jpg   P8170011.jpg  

Mike here is a link to woodturning online http://www.woodturningonline.com/index.php there is a good photo tutorial on making braclets in pdf format in their turning projects. I hope this helps, there are more tutorials on the site that could be of interest.

Mike, I've made several bracelets. Here is a feeble attempt at a tutorial I posted a while back. Let me know if you have questions. Barry
    http://familywoodworking.org/forums/...ngles+tutorial

Thanks Barry

Hey Barry,
    I really like those bracelets, I was wondering if you can put a wax finish on them like, Mylands high friction, and what kinda finish do you put on it?
    Thanks,
    Mike

Taking nothing away from Barry's great tutorial, but I found a video on "Plywood Bracelets" >> HERE << Under the AAW tab, Stephen Gleasner Plywood Bracelets, kind of a cool idea!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Mike, I think Mylands would be fine. The stuff I have is Laquer based (I think) A wax finish may not be too durable for a bracelet. I usually use spray laquer. It's a nice easy gloss finish that dries fast.

Hey Stu, I couldn't find a plywood bracelet article in the link you posted. Where exactly is it? Barry

Plywood

Barry,
    It is in the AAW list of videos, near the end, it looks like a pretty cool bracelet, Im waiting on the Barracuda chuck to get here, I cant wait to start playing with that! Sorry Im being stupid about this, but what brand spray lacquer do you use?
    Thanks again,
    Mike

OK I see it now, Duh! Mike I use rattlecans of usually Deft or Ace Hardware house brand, cant tell much difference. Barry