Finally got my Dream Bandsaw

John Hedges

While I joined a while back I have been just a spectator so far. So I thought I would share my latest acquisition with everyone here, as an introduction.

Finally upgraded my bandsaw. A move I've been contemplating for about 6 months now. After a lot of research I decided on an Agazzani B-20 which was delivered Friday. I got it from Jesse at Eagle Tools, and they were a pleasure to deal with. They shipped it on Wed, and sent it 2 day so it wouldn't sit on a dock over a weekend. I got it on Friday in perfect shape. The thing was crated unbelievably well. I was blown away when I opened the crate. Having seen lots of pictures I was still amazed at how beefy and well constructed this thing is when I saw it in my garage. The american tool makers could learn a thing or 2 from the Italians starting with the connection. No more trying to fit a 10 or 12 gauge cord through an opening made for 18 gauge. And wiring it up was simple. Not like my Delta/Grizzly/PM tools where you had to be a magician to bend the wires into places that take a contortionist. Anyway, hooked it up and went to align everything and it was perfect right out of the box. Eagle tools gets an A+ for their pre shipment checkout and setup, everything was dead on. Next I ran a few test scrap pieces of hard maple through the machine resawing at about 7" and it fed like butter, and I could not believe how little sanding the resultant veneer was.

The table was interesting. Not a smooth polished surface but it had tiny ridges built into it (see final pictures). I think this will be a real sturdy setup, and I had no cosmoline to clean up, and I don't have to worry about any scratches. Anyway on to some pictures.

Crated.jpg

Setup2.jpg

Setup.jpg

table.jpg

Welcome aboard John! First post, and with Pictures? You'll fit in just fine! :thumb:

That's one slick bandsaw all right. Did it come with all of that DC hose as well? Very nice system if it did. I don't know that brand, but then I'm still in the 'hobbyist' category 14" bandsaw range, and can only dream of someday having a big resaw machine.

Looks like a real keeper there, John. Beautiful. I'm curious...why that brand? And, how did you hear of it? Since coming to this forum, I have seen mention of several brands I never knew existed, here is another. And, with these lesser known brands, how do you get service if needed?

Looks like a real keeper there, John. Beautiful. I'm curious...why that brand? And, how did you hear of it? Since coming to this forum, I have seen mention of several brands I never knew existed, here is another. And, with these lesser known brands, how do you get service if needed?

Frank, as far as Italian saws go Agazzani is a fairly well known bran, and used by Sam Maloof, Mark Duginski, and James Krenov. I looked at Laguna, MM, Felder and Agazzani, and for the price this fit perfectly with what I wanted, so it got the nod.

that table is a blanchard grind.

you will really like it.

joe

Nope, a Blanchard grinder leaves a surface finish like pic 1. The old PM66 was Blanchard ground - I don’t know if they still are.
Pic 2 shows a Blanchard grinder with it’s magnetic spinning table. There are several kidney shaped pink stones mounted in the high RPM spinning head.

The table on John’s saw looks like it was done with a stroke planner. There are a lot of machine tool flat surfaces that are done this way, it is very accurate.

Sweet saw John, welcome to FW.

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Pic2b.jpg
    Pic2b.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Ok. Now you've got the saw, when are we going to see some of your work?:)

Think about us poor mortals who have a not so "professional" grade bandsaw, I can't stop my mouth watering:D:D since I saw the pics.
I envy you

Welcome to the family.!!:thumb:

Last edited:
Hi John! :wave:

Welcome to the Family

That one will last you many, many years.
Use it in good health

DT

That would be my dream bandsaw as well. Very nice acquisition indeed.

Some people really know how to do a "first post" up right. :thumb: Welcome aboard. :wave:

Nice lookin' bandsaw. It looks a lot like one of my bandsaws, also Italian. I bought it from Laguna tools years ago, but the logo on the door is Meber. I also put a Trimaster blade on it, and used it mostly for resawing. It's been a good saw for many years.

Nope, a Blanchard grinder leaves a surface finish like pic 1. The old PM66 was Blanchard ground - I don’t know if they still are.
Pic 2 shows a Blanchard grinder with it’s magnetic spinning table. There are several kidney shaped pink stones mounted in the high RPM spinning head.

The table on John’s saw looks like it was done with a stroke planner. There are a lot of machine tool flat surfaces that are done this way, it is very accurate.

Sweet saw John, welcome to FW.

ok, would you believe that it is a really big swirl? lol

i stand corrected.....

joe