Table saw sled - part I

Niki Avrahami

In Memoriam
Good day

I have only one sled that is dedicated to frame cutting at 45° and because it cuts so perfect, I don’t want to remove the triangle and use it also for normal crosscutting.

Actually, I have two “half sleds” and sliding table so I don’t need a sled for crosscutting.

I made this sled with small pieces ripping and crosscutting in mind.

As you’ll see my TS is not “normal” and I have only one narrow miter slot so I had to make an “Outer runner” that runs on the table edge.
The benefit of such a method is that first, the runner in the miter slot does not have to “fit snugly” and second, if the sled runners gets loose (play), I can always “re-tight” (or loosen, in case of humidity changes effect) or even change the “outer runner” to a new one without effecting the “Squareness” of the sled.

Because the subject is very long…I mean, many pics (above 150), I divided it to 4 or 5 parts that I’ll post it in a few different threads.

So, lets start….building the sled…

Regards
niki

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

04a.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

08a.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

thanks for another lesson

well niki its good to see your back in action again:D been using your new tool to much and havnt had time to get on huh:rofl: do you do projects on request like the DJ's do? we pick the question and you solve it? now there's an idea we come up with troubles and niki takes care of them for everybody on here:thumb: thanks again for your efforts in the forum.

Thank you so much

Larry
Well yes, I was "discovering" the MultiMaster but I found some free time to make this sled that was long time in my head....just that I have to hurry because my wife have some "projects" that are not so much of woodworking :)

Garry
Yes, the triangles are very handy around the shop and just in case that you look for them....you can find them here
http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7631
http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7756

Regards
niki