Thread: I upgraded to second level

Ladysmith, Wisconsin

I upgraded to second level

Well I moved to the second step of wood turning. I made enough money to pay for the first lathe I had. A Sears cheapo tubular wonder. At least I was able to see if I would like turning for under $200.00. I like it. So I got this.

Under $800.00 but you can really do wood turning and not have the frustration of attachments that are under performers and just straight out. NOT ENGINEERED VERY WELL.

It still isn`t a PM or Nova DVR or The Cadillac of all lathes ROBUST. But that will be step three the finale faze. But it will do what I need. And at that price will take very little time paying for itself.

Goodland, Kansas
    Welcome Duane to FWW. Congrats on the new lathe. We like lots of pics of turnings. Glad to have you with us.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Congratulations on the new lathe. It strongly resembles my first lathe of another brand. I used it almost daily for six years and it performed well in addition to giving me oodles of turning pleasure and shavings.

Wellcome Duane, seems to me a nice lathe, you are able now to show us your tricks, so don't hasitate to show us some of your turnings.

DSM, IA
    Duane welcome to the Family. Congrats on the upgrade!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

good to see you made it here. now lets see some stuff from that new lathe.

Ladysmith, Wisconsin
    Here are two bowls I did on my Crapman. The Bark incursioned is 9 inches diameter. The other round with bark on side was 7-3/4 diameter.

Cant do any turning till I get the adapter for my chuck. Should be here Monday 04-14-08
    The wood of these bowls is red oak. Finish is BLO 3 coats and finale 2 coats of minwax paste finish. Make my own buffer by using an arbor. Will now use the old Crapman for a buffing station.

Southeast Pa

Looks as if you could pay for the lathe with a half dozen bowels at the right place.

Nice work.