I upgraded to second level

Well I moved to the second step of wood turning. I made enough money to pay for the first lathe I had. A Sears cheapo tubular wonder. At least I was able to see if I would like turning for under $200.00. I like it. So I got this.

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/d46715rvu.html

Under $800.00 but you can really do wood turning and not have the frustration of attachments that are under performers and just straight out. NOT ENGINEERED VERY WELL.

It still isn`t a PM or Nova DVR or The Cadillac of all lathes ROBUST. But that will be step three the finale faze. But it will do what I need. And at that price will take very little time paying for itself.

mynewlathe.jpg

Congratulations on the new lathe. It strongly resembles my first lathe of another brand. I used it almost daily for six years and it performed well in addition to giving me oodles of turning pleasure and shavings.

Wellcome Duane, seems to me a nice lathe, you are able now to show us your tricks, so don't hasitate to show us some of your turnings.

Ad :wave:

Here are two bowls I did on my Crapman. The Bark incursioned is 9 inches diameter. The other round with bark on side was 7-3/4 diameter.

Cant do any turning till I get the adapter for my chuck. Should be here Monday 04-14-08
The wood of these bowls is red oak. Finish is BLO 3 coats and finale 2 coats of minwax paste finish. Make my own buffer by using an arbor. Will now use the old Crapman for a buffing station.

HPIM0099.jpg

HPIM0083.jpg