TS fence micro-adjust

Bruce Page

I spent Saturday in front of the milling machine & lathe instead of the tablesaw. :rolleyes:

I sometimes find it frustrating bump adjusting the TS fence trying to sneak up on a critical dimension. I based this on the plastic fence adjuster that Rockler sells.
I’ve had the old micrometer head kicking around my tool box for years, and with a new battery, I thought I’d put it to work. The two 22 lb rear earth magnets do a decent job of holding the unit in place when I adjust the fence but I think I will add a couple more to the bottom ledge just to be sure it doesn’t move.

Anyway, here’s some pics for your amusment…:rofl:

Attachments

• Fence1.jpg
    Fence1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Mic.jpg
    Mic.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 59
Bruce,

You remind me of my father. If he needed a tool, or whatever, he would make it. Sometimes it would even start as a wood model for casting metal in sand. He loved tools and tools loved him.

It seemed like a piece of nonfunctioning machinery would ask my dad, "Is this what you want me to do? OK. I will do it." I wish I had a fraction of his talent.

Your work is excellent.

Enjoy,

Jim

That adjuster looks great Bruce .

I have thought about doing the same thing with a knob & all-thread. But adjusting the mechanism along the rail to get it to where its in position to push the fence & then adjusting the threaded part seemed a bit much. Your way looks like it will work real good.

Its a good thing we all don't think the same way nothing new would ever be designed & made.

Hey Bruce, if you can price match Rockler's price, I'll take TWO.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Beautifully done, (as we all would expect from you).:thumb: That's the only thing about my Biese that I miss over my old Craftsman fence that had a little round knob you pushed in to engage it's gear wheel into the teeth that were cut into the bottom of the fence rail and you could turn it and really ease it to where you wanted the fence set.

More of your typical bodged-together, sloppy work, huh Bruce? :rolleyes:

It looks beautiful, Bruce. You do some real nice-looking metalwork.

sweet bruce, now i need to ask what those attachments that are settin on top of your fence are for????? and also how did the dog stain removal turn out...see i think and look outside the box some too.. very nice work bruce another one of those you want to touch projects.

Thanks guys. :)
Larry, the thingy’s on top of my fence are shop made mounts for my Board Buddies, (as Bart guessed).
I still need to get some Simple Green and see if that will remove the stains.