Points of interest?

Along I-65 in west Kentucky, just north of Bowling Green is Mammoth Cave. My family stopped there last December on the way to Florida. We really enjoyed the cave tour. The kids were fascinated, as were us adults. It's a well run operation there. We took the 2hr "new Entrance" tour.

This is a bit off of a direct line to Arkansas, but we enjoyed it.

oh yeah, and a bit further south in Bowling Green KY itself is the National Corvette Museum. We passed it by, so I have no idea how interesting it is. But it might be worth a peek.

Going to visit Tod? :D

the busch family owns a restraunt called bevo mill where they serve game from their game preserve...good food and really cool architecture!
bass pro shops in springfield missouri.
ponca on the buffalo river.
there`s a few..

whers the bevo mill tod? seen a bass pro shop before so would be intersted in gettin some farm raised game thou to chew on..:rolleyes:

Stop by Harrison, AK (rock throw from Mountain Home) at the 66 (Phillips) station/towing owned and operated by Don "Doc" Bailey. Fill up your gas tank, re-stock your "necessary fluids". While you're at it, check out the mini Ford N tractor he built from an old Bolens garden tractor, :eek: and his wife's beautiful '40 Chevy coupe.:thumb: One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Steve knows him too...

View attachment 19620

View attachment 19621

Last edited:
Stop by Harrison, AK (rock throw from Mountain Home) at the 66 (Phillips) station/towing owned and operated by Don "Doc" Bailey. Fill up your gas tank, re-stock your "necessary fluids". While you're at it, check out the mini Ford N tractor he built from an old Bolens garden tractor, :eek: and his wife's beautiful '40 Chevy coupe.:thumb: One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Steve knows him too...

View attachment 19620

View attachment 19621

Oh man....I'd love to go to Doc's. He also has a nice unstyled John Deere "B" he restored.

Larry if you stop by and see Doc, please tell him I said "someday" I will get down there to see him.

Safe travels my furry friend:wave:

Intersection of highway 75 and 40 in Madison, MN you will find the worlds largest lutefisk. On the way along highway 40 in Darwin, MN sits the worlds largest ball of twine. Makes my heart race just thinking about it. Make the trip in November and you can get in the lutefisk eating contest in Madison. You need to be able to eat at least 6 pounds to be considered a contender.

Intersection of highway 75 and 40 in Madison, MN you will find the worlds largest lutefisk. On the way along highway 40 in Darwin, MN sits the worlds largest ball of twine. Makes my heart race just thinking about it. Make the trip in November and you can get in the lutefisk eating contest in Madison. You need to be able to eat at least 6 pounds to be considered a contender.
And they say California has world-class destinations. How could we ever compare to the world's largest ball of twine? :rofl:

Now lutefisk...that's a whole other story. My (Swedish) grandmother served some at Thanksgiving one year, and like good kids, we all had a small helping of it to please her. I think that was enough to last me well beyond this lifetime. :eek: