So I get up this morning and go downstairs to see a large candle was still burning on the Livingroom coffee table. I mention it to my wife as I let the dog out, she says she's going to just let it burn out since it was almost gone. About 20min later I here a PFFFFFFT!. I go into the Livingroom and it looks like a fog machine turned on. Rolling white fog was pooring out from under the candle. After I grab a pot holder and take the glass candle jar off the table, below is what I saw.
The spot is raised about 1mm.
Note: The candle jar did not break so this is not wax. Also, this is a fake wood grain top, the finish it totally applied. From tapping on the top, I'm guessing it's 3/8" particleboard with the finish colored onto it.
Anybody have a suggestion for how to get rid of this?