Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad Day: Kenworth was put down

Sad Day: Kenworth was put down

Today was a sad day. Last night my Cousin had a Brain Anurism and died, and my Bassett Hound, Kenworth had to be put down today. My cousin just went to get up from bed, fell down and was gone...that quick. 38 years old.

Kenworth on the other hand has had failing health. All winter I struggled with the decision, but finally today was the last day.He was pooing and peeing uncontrollably in the house, and he was snapping alot at Alyson.He just wanted to sit around the house and sleep,while Alyson is young and full of life. My wife, she wanted to keep him going, and went so far as to set up a Vet appointment, but it was silly. He has lymphonomia cancer had had baseball sized balls on his throat.

The older I get, the more I hate this, but it was time. Thankfully he went in his sleep and never had to leave home for the inevitable one way right. Sad day, sad, sad day, sad day...
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

DSM, IA
    Travis, sorry for your loss.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Constantine, MI
    I'm sorry for your losses.
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Los Angeles, CA
    Travis, really sorry to hear about your loss.

Indianapolis area
    Sorry for you loss Travis.

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Travis...sorry to hear about both your losses.

Travis, sorry for your loss, a really sad day for you.

Lakeport NY and/or the nearest hotel
    not a good day, but it will be just that, a day, in the greater scheme of things. Hang in there. I'm sorry for your two losses.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Sorry for your loss Travis. Our prayers are with you and your family. God bless.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Between Aledo and Fort Worth, TX
    Travis, I'm sorry to hear of your losses also. May the shamrocks fall softly on you and your family. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3