Sad Day: Kenworth was put down

Today was a sad day. Last night my Cousin had a Brain Anurism and died, and my Bassett Hound, Kenworth had to be put down today. My cousin just went to get up from bed, fell down and was gone...that quick. 38 years old.

Kenworth on the other hand has had failing health. All winter I struggled with the decision, but finally today was the last day.He was pooing and peeing uncontrollably in the house, and he was snapping alot at Alyson.He just wanted to sit around the house and sleep,while Alyson is young and full of life. My wife, she wanted to keep him going, and went so far as to set up a Vet appointment, but it was silly. He has lymphonomia cancer had had baseball sized balls on his throat.

The older I get, the more I hate this, but it was time. Thankfully he went in his sleep and never had to leave home for the inevitable one way right. Sad day, sad, sad day, sad day...

Thanks guys, I really was not looking for sympathy. Its just the way it is. Just kind of in shock over my cousin dying. We were not that close to be honest with you...not feuding or anything, just lost touch over the years as we grew up. I just don't want to give you the impression that we were.

As for my dog, we were pretty tight. A lot of people on here know I have been struggling with my Basset Hound now for sometime. I knew the day was coming, but today unfortunately today was it. Its kind of sad because Kenworth was my last remaining tie to my old life, and there was a very sad time when it was just me and Kenworth. I have Patty now,and Alyson, and of course her two dogs, Bailey and Issac, but Kenworth was my dog. Kind of a sad day despite the great weather we are having.

Kenworth_and_Stove4.JPG

Sorry about both of your losses. We are so used to have people and animals around us that we are not concious of how much they give to us until they are not there anymore.

I can imagine your dog, feeling fantastic now and chasing celestial rabbits in dog's heaven if that exists

Sorry to hear of your Loss, Travis. We lost a super friendly and playful Doberman that was extremely active until his health started failing during the last 2 yrs of his 21 years with us, and all the kids in the neighborhood that would climb the fence to play with him really missed him. We then inherited a 1 1/2 yr old Rotwiler from our daughter but the last of his 9 yrs with us, he got down in his back real bad and finally got so he couldn't get up and we had to have him put down. Both the LOML and I decided we didn't want to go through it again and I guess we've had our last dog. They do become close friends and are missed, but the good memories remain.

Hi Travis,

Definitely sad news. Kenworth was a good boy who lived a good life, and that he went in his sleep was the best thing. No matter how they leave us, though, it's always a tough moment. The significance of Kenworth in your life was well worth mentioning. I know people on this forum can relate.

--MJ

Sorry for your loss Travis.
Tribute To A Best Friend

Sunlight streams through window pane
unto a spot on the floor....
then I remember,
it's where you used to lie,
but now you are no more.
Our feet walk down a hall of carpet,
and muted echoes sound....
then I remember,
It's where your paws would joyously abound.
A voice is heard along the road,
and up beyond the hill,
then I remember it can't be yours....
your golden voice is still.
But I'll take that vacant spot of floor
and empty muted hall
and lay them with the absent voice
and unused dish along the wall.
I'll wrap these treasured memorials
in a blanket of my love
and keep them for my best friend
until we meet above.