"Running" in the shop

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
Sometimes, even a hobby can have its monotonous moments.:(

I had to make a bunch of these "runners" DSC_2185 (744 x 494).jpg

That will fit into these DSC_2186 (494 x 744).jpg

Which in turn will fit into these. DSC_2183 (494 x 744).jpg DSC_2184 (744 x 494).jpg

Eventually this bedroom storage will have around 26 drawers (there's another built in on the other side of the room) ranging in depth from 12" to 2" and oooooodles of shelf space, all neatly concealed behind some frame and panel doors.

PS - Don't let the LOML know I took pictures in our messy bedroom!:eek::rofl:

Hey there Rennie:wave:,
Glad to see you are clipping the top of the Honey Dew list!

No mess was ever seen by these eyes! "For a price!" :rofl:

Remember that the skills you learn have a purpose, not always a fun one, but never the less a purpose!.:D

Good job Rennie! Proud of you.
Shaz :)

Good job Rennie! Proud of you.
Shaz :)
Hi Robert - Thanks! I always enjoy your comments (you always flatter me :D). At the rate I'm knocking items off the Honey-do list I should have it complete about 2 years after I've passed on to better things!:rofl::rofl:

Nice project Rennie. So do you wax the runners or just leave them unfinished?
Hi Darren - Actually I Sand them to 220, give them 2 coats of dewaxed shellac sanding to 320 between and after the last coat, then put on 2 coats of past wax. I also wax the groves which are finished with the sides of the drawers. They get one coat of dewaxed shellac and 3 coats of a wipe on poly. I like to finish the insides of my drawers so they are super smooth and won't harm any of my wife's, uh, unmentionables.:eek:

Last edited: