Here are some more photos showing where I stand with my tool cabinet project.
I finished the glue up a couple weeks ago, then installed hardwood inserts at the mitered corners. This is a trick I picked up from an old copy of "Woodsmith". It helps to make the mitered corners look cleaner. After I completed that, I built a dovetail spline jig using an idea I saw in "Woodworking with the Router" by Bill Hylton.
After I completed the jig, I cut the dovetail splines, then I milled up some walnut for the dovetail "keys". These were then installed with glue, allowed to dry, flush cut with a saw, then planed flush with a LA block plane.
I also made up a jig to help me get the drilling for the shelf support pegs as perfectly spaced as possible. I just used a piece of 1/4" hardboard and cut it to the width and height of the piece where the holes were to be drilled. I made some reference marks to make sure I always kept the correct orientation, and then drilled holes in it with the correct spacing. I then just clamped it in place and used a drill bit with a depth stop. If you notice, the side where the plane till will be (the side without the shelves installed) also received a set of holes. This is just in case I find that the plane till is not working out and that I want a cabinet totally comprised of shelves.
I milled up the lumber for the drawers last night and will hopefully be able to finish them this weekend. After that, I'm on to working on the doors.