Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Shop Project - Sanding Cart

Quick Shop Project - Sanding Cart

I've been meaning to build this for a while and finally got around to it this last weekend. It is a mobile cart for my disc sander and OSS. I love the OSS but it is an awkward height so I made the cart to suit it and put the table level with the table on the Disc sander. It also give me a little more storage in a cramped garage. Seems to work well. Like I said it was a quick project using mostly scraps and some casters from woodcraft I got on sale a while back.

DSM, IA
    John, very cool. Looks like you can use the disk sander's table for more support on a big piece while using the OSS or vice versa...Well Done
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Constantine, MI
    Now, that is a really good idea! Nicely done, looks very functional and great looking to boot!
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

London, Ontario
    Looks very nice.

Regarding the casters... I notice a double-locking caster peeking out of the back of one of the pictures. What I have started doing is putting plain casters on the back of a bench. I only put the double-locking casters on the front. It's cheaper, and I can't reach the back ones anyways. Usually I find that I only lock one wheel and it stays still enough.

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    That looks like it should work out great. I love having drawers near a tool for all the stuff that seems to gather for working with them.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

ABQ NM
    OK John, come clean...I can tell you didn't make the cabinet. The price tag is still in one of the drawers.

Just kidding of course. That's a sweet setup, and well though out. Plus, I'm envious of bother sanders. Great job.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Well John.

I do not know what I like most, either the sanders or the cart. Both things appeal a lot to me, so don't make me choose. I think that they go very well together.

Another idea to put in my "to do/to buy" list.

Great job!
    Best regards,

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Don Taylor is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    Nicely done John!

I too like the way your setup has one table helping the other.

Floydada, Tx
    Looks really good. I need to make some.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Very nice job John. Will have to consider building one myself when I get a new shop, no room right now.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault