Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some help shipping a product

Looking for some help shipping a product

I am looking to try and get some help getting something shipped over here to the UK.

Basically, Lowes (and probably HD) sell a poly pouch which clips on a belt. They are fantastic for the kind of assembly work that I do because I keep a specific fitting in each one and can clip them on and off a workbelt as I need them. The last time I was over on vacation was the first time that I had seen these and I bought half a dozen because I thought that they would be useful and they are.

I would really like another 10 of these but have been completely unable to get them over here or find anybody who is able to ship them to the UK. I do not think that I will be over on vacation again for at least a couple of years and am hoping that somebody might be able to buy me 10 and ship them over. I am happy to paypal over the cost of the items and shipping cost and any out of pockets - not looking for this to be a lot of work to somebody so there is no rush.

A link to what I am talking about is at the bottom of the page. If you think that you can help I will be very grateful. Probably best to PM me.

Thanks.
    (http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...9-P&lpage=none)
    Last edited by Ian Barley; 04-24-2008 at 04:41 PM.

PM Sent...

- Marty -
    Fivebraids, Inc.
    When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there’s no end to what you can’t do…

Thanks to all who have responded. I will contact everybody so that we can work out who can complete this with the least hassle at your end.

Thanks again - what a great response.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Barley View Post
    ...Thanks again - what a great response.
    Just wait...sooner or later we'll be wanting some Weetabix or Robinson's Barley Water, and you'll get to return the favor.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Just wait...sooner or later we'll be wanting some Weetabix or Robinson's Barley Water, and you'll get to return the favor.
    Whenever you need it Vaughn. You really mean you guys can't get Robinson's Barley Water? How come you don't all die of thirst? What do you do in between games when you're playing tennis?? It must be tough living on the edge of civilisation

Gee Vaughn, if I want Weetabix I just pop round to the grocery store. Have Stu pick some up for you next time he flies home, he'll toss it out of the plane as he passes over La-La land...

(seriously, not available in the US? Not that I eat the stuff, thanks. I generally prefer my homemade granola in the morning, or sometimes some mini-wheats or corn bran...)

Not in UK heh?

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder View Post

(seriously, not available in the US? )
    I remember a guest who transfered to UK years ago. Everything was grand except no peanut butter was in any store, so a care package was sent over. The cook didn't know what peanut butter was, so she cooked up a deep dish steaming hot peanut butter pie.
    Cheers
    alpmeadow

Thinking small again.....I'd be holding out for a case of Spitfire Ale.

"Downed all over Kent - just like the Luftwaffe"

-Kevin in Indy
    "Heroic? He fell off his bloody Aeroplane!"

Quote Originally Posted by Irv Graham View Post
    I remember a guest who transfered to UK years ago. Everything was grand except no peanut butter was in any store, so a care package was sent over. The cook didn't know what peanut butter was, so she cooked up a deep dish steaming hot peanut butter pie.
    Cheers
    alpmeadow
    I was in Sydney years ago, and got a very confused look from a waitress one evening when I ordered iced tea. I had to explain to her that it was tea, poured over ice. So she brought me a carafe of hot tea and a glass of ice. And this was at an "American" chain restaurant...Charlie Brown's.

I also remember my mom finding that it was impossible to buy tortillas in the supermarkets in the Chicago area back in the early 60's. She'd ask for them, then have to explain to the store clerks that they were a type of bread, but flat, like a pancake. I suspect people don't run into that problem in Chicago anymore.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Spitfire Ale is available in the pubs here, on tap
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward