Silly Question of the day

James (stepson): 'Uncle Ned, do you have anything that will drill through my lacrosse stick?'

Me, struggling not to laugh. "sure thing,"
I have to admit, and beg forgiveness, when I saw your name as the poster, and the subject, "Silly question of the day", I was sure it had something to do with the necessity of having a roof over your lathe.:eek::rofl::rofl:

Sorry.

When I was a kid, lacrosse sticks were made from wood, so a wood drill bit would work fine, what exotic material are they made from now, that you don't have a drill bit for?

Also, where is the hole going....?

We busted a fair number of lacrosse sticks in my day, adding a hole in the shaft of the stick, might not be a good idea...:dunno:

Stu, new stick, different brand of head going on it, so the hole was out of place about 1/2 an inch. As for material, some exotic alloy or another. He mentioned it, but I dont' recall what it was. Knowing him it was some form of unobtainium (only the best dont'cha know), which he got a 'deal' on.

LOML and I have a running joke around here. Anytime something's broken or otherwise needs to be worked on, the stock answer is "I could [cut] [drill] [glue] [flatten] [round] [smooth] [etc.] that for you if we only knew somebody who had the right tools and materials." :p

Ned, a little research shows they are usually aluminum, or, titanium. I do not think they would be thick, as light weight is what is wanted. If it is titanium, then it may very well be hard to drill, one thing that should do it would be a masonry bit, the carbide tipped ones, that has been sharpened so the edge on the carbide is sharp, for drilling concrete the, the carbide is NOT sharp, kind of dulled, or rounded over.

Cheers!