Work Sharp ™ WS3000 Tool Sharpener

Bartee Lamar

WOW,

I pickup one of these from the local Rockler store.

I also got an extra Glass disk and 2 packages of paper disks.

After mounting all of the disks I have 120/220 400/1000 and 3600/6000.

I read the instructions 1 time.

I did read the part about flattening the backs of your chisels. so I did that also.

For the 1st time I have REALLY sharp chisels and planes.

What a difference.

I have all the water stones and accessories but for the time I get to spend, I can now have sharp tools very quickly enjoy using them.

I have not tried the slotted disk thing yet.

You guys keep posting reviews like this, I may have to start watching for a good price on one. I've got a decent scary sharp setup, but it always seems like a project just to get it all out and use it, so I tend to keep putting it off. (I still haven't sharpened the new Hock iron I got for my Bailey, and my cheapie Craftsman bench chisels are in need of another touch-up.)

Congrats on the new tool, Bartee.

From what I have seen, there is only one price. $199

I think they are selling so well, that no one needs to reduce the price.

I found a nice place of my Worksharp to live where it can stay out all the time so I can just change the wheel and start sharpening.

Now that I have done an initial sharpening, I am think that a touch up with the 1000 / 3600 / 6000 will work just fine.

They work amazingly well and make it very simple. I can get a whole bunch of chisels sharpened in the amount of time it takes to do one or two by hand. The biggest bummer is that I can't do my wider plane blades on it. Other than that, it's great.

Hi,

I keep posting how much I like my WorkSharp 3000. People are going to think I have some interest in the company. I don't even know anyone there. So now I say again---Buy one!

I have never had tools this sharp. My son, Glenn, has a Scary Sharp. He brings his tools down to my place everytime he visits so he can sharpen them. I'm going up to the Woodworker's Show tomorrow in Pomona. I am going to pick up Glenn on the way. His comment, "Be sure to bring your WorkSharp."

I have some real high class chisels that I purchased for rough work (I think it was $7.95 for 5 of them at Harbor Freight). I keep using these chisels on any thing rough or on questionable wood because they work great and I don't have to worry about them. My "good" chisels are now exclusively for good wood on good projects.

Purchase the 3000 not the less expensive model.

Enjoy,

Jim