Hi from Arizona

Don Baker

Hello all,

My name is Don Baker and I live in Flagstaff, AZ. A friend of mine, Carol "The Router Lady" Reed came by to visit last week and while we were schmoozing and playing with my lathe she mentioned that I might want to check out familywoodworking.org. She said it was a friendly place with like-minded woodworkers from all over the place. Sounded like I might like it, so here I am.

I am retired and recently had a nice 18x30 shop space constructed by adding on to and remodeling my semi-detached garage. My woodworking interests are fairly broad and unfocused. I use hand tools and machines and am master of neither. I am also a semi-reformed old tool collector. I recently have begun to get the lathe bug, but still have a lot of flat work to do yet. So that's my story. Glad to be here.
:wave:

Don

Hi Don, very wellcome to the family, I see you're retired just like me.
Well that's the best ''boss'' you can get, doing nothing and get your monye every month. We call that ''Swiss life feeling''.
Have fun here.

Ad :wave:

Welcome aboard, Don. Flagstaff was one of my favorite places back when I was traveling with a band. Is there still a bar in town called Shaky Drake's?

Thanks, all.

Alan, you are right, Flagstaff is a great place to live. Vaughn, Shaky Drakes is no more. It is now a strip club called, The Joint. We do have a great live music venue at the Orpheum Theater. LOML and I are going to see Jerry Douglas there this weekend. Ad, I do really like my new boss, me. My great grandmother was Dutch, named Van Wyhe or Van Wey, but went by Knickerbocker. Barry, thanks for the invite to get together. I will take you up on that. Same thing applies if you are up my way. Don Tee, LOML is from Jax. We both went to FSU. Stuart, I was in Tokyo, well actually Fussa Machi, at Yokota Air Base back in the 60's. Some different now, I bet. I will get some shop photos up soon.

Don