Spend yesterday almost the whole day on the rollerchain transmission from the lathe to the device, and got this work done late in the afternoon.
Just time enough left before dinner for the first test run, and to make a small video recording.
Started up with a very low rpm in the first place, no problem at all.
Speed it up till a rpm of 417, and this thing keeps running without problems.
Expect that I can speed it up more, I expext, and hope, to reach a rpm of 750.
I have find out that today, but till now it looks hopeful.
750 rpm seems to me just enough speed for the first turning try out.
You can see the small video recording on youtube, http://nl.youtube.com/adecrom
The sound you here is from the rollerchain transmission, a bit noisy.
I did the test run without safety cover, my job for today to make that cover.
Also I have to do some refining work, like spaying teflon on the rollerchains, and some more work.
Was an exciting day.
Thanks for looking.
Ad - still in one piece