• Buy the set-top converter so I can use my existing tv

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Stop watching tv and spend more time in the shop

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Huh? They're doing what?

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I need to check into the internet download service for watching tv and movies. When I do finally stop to watch TV it would be nice to watch what I want.

Anyone using any of these services or have recommendations?

If your using cable or satellite, it all depends on how long they want to support boxes that will convert the signal to analog. I have a friend who works for our local cable company. He tells me that the companies feelings are that once we go to all digital the cable box manufacturers will quit supporting analog in the cable box. Their solution is they are stockpiling boxes now so they have the hardware to support analog tv's as long as possible.

Of course he tells me there is always another solution.
If you get to the point where your only going to get a digital signal out of your cable box, you just drop one of the digital to analog converters in line between the cable box and the tv.

My self I'm stuck with cable. Your not getting an OTA signal at my house. :dunno: Just has to do with terrain surrounding my place. :( But for what I pay I'm not complaining, I have Phone, Internet, Digital TV and the recorder for $75 a month.

Well, we watch very little TV, one of the best things we ever did was buy a used coin operated thing, like you get in a motel, for the TV, my wife has the key to the coin box. We all pay now to watch TV in our house :D.

I watch maybe a couple of hours of TV a week, there is a great show called>> Tetsu-wan-Dash << heck, there was even a bit on that show about >> making wooden bowls << on a human powered old fashioned lathe, other than that, I seldom watch TV.

Here the date to switch over will be July 2011, I think :huh:

We will most likely get a new TV then.

Oh yeah, I can watch Digital TV now on my cell phone :D :rolleyes:

Cheers!