Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whatcha Making This Weekend?

Whatcha Making This Weekend?

I've been buried with work and out of town more than usual, so my shop time has been limited this past week. No real woodworking planned for me, since the shop is a little disarrayed right now. I've been working on the piping for my soon-to-arrive compressor as time permits, so things are shuffled around more than usual. (I can still get to the lathe and bandsaw no problem, though.)

Aside from that, SWMBO has a Honey-Do list as long as a summer day in Alaska - mostly yard work and general cleanup around the house in preparation for a visit from my sis and BIL in a couple weekends.

So...what are you all working on this weekend?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I'm working hard to finish up a flag display case for my church. It's the first piece to come out of my shop that will hang in a place where multiple people will see it every time they enter the building. While it's small in stature, it is huge in symbolism, as it will house a flag that flew over Camp Fallujah in Iraq. I'm proud to have done it.

- Keith
    "Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker. "

Well, I'll be down in the Dungeon working for the first time, since March 11th!

The leg is better everyday, still a ways to go, but I'm back at work, so I figure I'm owed a partial day in the Dungeon.

I'm going to be making a new double decker stand thing for our shop computers, we have a computer that runs the shop's cash register and does the taxes etc. Need to make a new set up for it.

Heck, I might even see if my lathe still works

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Well did this morning garden work with the LOML, just finished with that nasty job. (not my hobby).
    This evening birthday visiting, tomorrow to my son in Breda for a barbeque, not so bad with the beautiful summer weather we have right now.
    Cheers. Ad

Humm tough question.

Going out on a limb and will say I AM going to finish the deck on the boat today.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

Sunday Ugh. Starting to dig big deep holes in the ground so I can install new valves in my sprinkler system. Bummer.

Saturday going for a joy ride in the mountains with the LOML.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

I'm building some patio furniture out of black locust. It's my first venture with this wood, so i'm very intrigued. Also, our old picnic table is falling apart - glad to replace it.
    Paul Hubbman

The gate on the back deck has lasted three years, but it needs some attention. I got the trim for the bathroom made, and cut, and fitted, but Doorlink wants it primed before it gets nailed down. I've got some birthday presents to make, and still haven't gotten the parts to fix the bandsaw...

Yikes. Oh, and three boys to keep track of, one of whom just ran out the front door...

Still doing drywall in the basement. Still have about 20 sheets to go, but should get it all up this weekend. Also, still need to tape and mud...oh joy!
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post
    Well, I'll be down in the Dungeon working for the first time, since March 11th!

The leg is better everyday, still a ways to go, but I'm back at work, so I figure I'm owed a partial day in the Dungeon.

I'm going to be making a new double decker stand thing for our shop computers, we have a computer that runs the shop's cash register and does the taxes etc. Need to make a new set up for it.

Heck, I might even see if my lathe still works

Cheers!
    Good to hear you're feeling better Stu! Can't wait to see what you'll come up with since you've had all this time to think about it.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault