Last of the big projects?

Don Taylor

Former Member (by the member's request)
Well I finally got the air conditioning unit replaced for the house. It's been a year since the other guy decided not to come back. :dunno:
The man said my old unit was 28 years old!!!! :eek:

Here are the required pictures:

This thing is a monster!
100_2514.jpg

It's a 19.0EER with a two stage compressor.
100_2513.jpg

The inside unit just barely fit in the closet. One more inch and I would have been in trouble. There are three fan speeds.
100_2515.jpg

100_2517.jpg

The white box is a super duper air cleaner upper treater thingy. It will not allow bad air to route back into the house.
100_2518.jpg

I also got the blue ray star wars light thingy that kills all the germs in the return air. :thumb:

The difference is amazing. No more pollen or smoke in the house. The filters are only changed once a year.
I plan to take the blower and motors out of the old one before hauling it to the junk yard. Maybe a downdraft table?

The only thing I feel badly about is having to hock grandma's wheel chair to pay for it. :rofl:

DT

Last edited:
That will help keep your place cool and dry. Need that down in Florida thats for sure.
Thanks for the layman's explanation on the units, helps me understand :D:rofl:

Nice setup, Don. Should make the house really "Comfy" year round. Don't forget to take out the copper/aluminum coil in the unit and take it to the metal scrap yard, 'cause at the current price of copper and aluminum these days, it will be worth your time.;)

Don, you need that there down in Florida, and actually me too, had yesterday a BBQ, got a sunburn, it was hot, hot, hot, but also nice to be outside. Now I'm walking around with a sunburned face.
Have fun with the big monster.

Ad :wave:

Well Don, it looks like you are ready to start making some thing in your shop, instead of making your shop :clap:

Congrats! :thumb:

Lordy Stu?
I hope you don't think this unit is for the shop? :eek:

Even "I" am not that crazy. :rofl:

The shop has a heat and cool wall unit.

All the major things are done in the shop though.
I will be posting pictures of the final set up shortly.
(Not that it will ever be "Finished", you understand? :rofl:)

DT

Don,

I would be really curious about the energy savings.

I am in the same place on my old unit. 20+ yo.

My new unit for upper floor has the same kind of filter you put in. I really think it makes a difference.

Nice pictures ....

I've always thought of the home as an extension of my shop, the place you go to restock the body, with food, drink and sometimes sleep, so a new AC for the house, is actually for the shop :D :wave:

LOL - that is kind of the reverse of the logic my wife uses - the home is "her house" whereas the garage (my shop) and basement are, collectively, "my house".

I hope that new unit does well for you! If you are still too hot come January, you can come over and stay in "my house" - the shop is unheated as of yet. :)

Don,

I would be really curious about the energy savings.

I am in the same place on my old unit. 20+ yo.

My new unit for upper floor has the same kind of filter you put in. I really think it makes a difference.

Nice pictures ....

We'll see what the next bill has to say Bartee.

DT