Cuban Mahogany

Here is another HF out of Cuban Mahogany. It is 4" tall and 61/2" across. It is also finished with 6 or 7 coats of lacquer. Again sorry for the pictures as WE were in a hurry. :rofl:

Attachments

• Cuban Mahogany 1.jpg
    Cuban Mahogany 1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Cuban Mahogany 2.jpg
    Cuban Mahogany 2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 33
Nice looking turning, Bernie.

Where did you get Cuban Mahogany? I realize it grows in the US but from what I know, it's extremely rare. I'd love to get enough to make furniture from it.

Mike

Nice looking turning, Bernie.

Where did you get Cuban Mahogany? I realize it grows in the US but from what I know, it's extremely rare. I'd love to get enough to make furniture from it.

Mike

Thanks everyone.

Mike I got this out of Flordia. I understand it grows down there pretty good. I am not sure about lumber but I know the stuff for turning is pretty pricey. That piece alone was about $48 or so. The NIP was $67 shipped.

Good to see you're finally giving the Monster toys a workout. Very nice hollow form, Bernie. It looks like you turned it in an end grain orientation. Is that correct?

WOW Bernie, excellent. Was a nice job for your monster toy.
Holding the pith almost in the center is pretty good.
Great job Bernie. The pictures are clear enough for me.
Ad :thumb:

Thanks again. This wood is some really nice wood to turn. The monster tool handled it great and with the hunter style cutter it just makes the inside smooth as butter. I am hoping to find some more this wood also. I am meeting a guy at the Richmond Symposium who is going to be doing demo's there and who does a lot of this wood. He said he would give me some more info on where to obtain some of this and the NIP.