Thread: only in Alaska

only in Alaska

Only in Alaska... This guy raised an abandoned moose calf with his horses, and believe it or not, he has trained it
    for lumber removal and other hauling tasks. Given the 2,000 pounds of robust muscle, and the splayed, grippy
    hooves, he claims it is the best work animal he has. He says the secret to keeping the moose around is a sweet
    salt lick, although during the rut he disappears for a couple of weeks, but always comes home.

p.s. runs away during rut? Wonder what you call a castrated moose?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails moose.jpg  

Sorry Frank, that is a fake, a nice fake but a fake just the same...........

>> Logging the Northern Way <<
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Oh, well. The part about him coming back after rut seemed unlikely to me.
    Still a fun story.

and if the picture didnt tell ya the fact is that if a bull moose that size and with fully dried antlers wouldnt be haulin loggs it would be full Rut time and at least time to kick his little friends butt time.... nature would elimante work for that guy...
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/workmoose.asp

It is fake, but not completely impossible. On the snopes site there's a real photo of a harnessed moose.

That's okay Frank, I think a lot of people were duped by that. Now this picture certainly WAS NOT from Alaska,and I think its so outrageously dangerous that it just has to be real. I can honestly say they are pretty creative because I would have never thought of moving something quite like that

I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Fuller View Post
    http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/workmoose.asp

It is fake, but not completely impossible. On the snopes site there's a real photo of a harnessed moose.
    Interesting story anyway...and based on the Great State of Maine. Of course this was also the state that conjured up the tale of Paul Bunyan and his Blue Ox.
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

Or like this?

Another Borg no-no.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled1.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	20340
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Johnson View Post
    That's okay Frank, I think a lot of people were duped by that. Now this picture certainly WAS NOT from Alaska,and I think its so outrageously dangerous that it just has to be real. I can honestly say they are pretty creative because I would have never thought of moving something quite like that

Looks like something you'd see on the Red Green show.
    http://www.redgreen.com/
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke