New G0505 - have a question . .

Jim Mattheiss

Hello:

I just received my Grizzly G0505 Planer and have run some wood through it to check it out.

My dust hood just arrived (shipped separately) and I'm scratching my head. I don't "see" how it fits. :dunno:

The chip deflector is curved but the dust hood is flat. If I butt the back end of the dust collection hood up against the motor, the outside end of the hood is 3/4 of an inch from the end of the "carraige" with the foam insulation in place.

Something doesn't look right.

I'm going to reach out to Grizzly tomorrow and see what they have to say.

If anyone has any input, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Jim I can't help with the install, but do reach out to Grizzly service. I've heard nothging but roaring reviews of their service and helpfulness.

Good Luck!

I have a G0505 but don't use the dust hood. I just put a 30 gal. garbage can under the outfeed side and let the deflector put about 90% of the shavings in there automatically. You will like your planer. It is a real working hoss. Wear hearing protection.

Thanks folks - I figured it out.

I had to "adjust" it a little with snips to make it fit better but it's in place and works pretty well. I spent a little over an hour planing 2x4's for - you guessed it - the planer cart. With the hood in place and my dust collector running I only have a half of dust pan full of shavings to sweep up.

The hood package was missing some nuts so I went to the BORG this am to get some 10-32 bolts to hold the hood in place. I bought some vibration resistant nuts and some standard nuts. I got home and attempted to thread the standard nuts onto the studs. They didn't fit. The vibration resistant ones fit - the bag/package was mismarked. Got past that and made some shavings . . .

Cheers

Jim