Pocket Door Question

Tony Falotico

I have a pocket door going to the laundry room that's been damaged and I want to replace just the door -- the rest of it is fine. Problem is I can't figure out how to get the door off the tracks :huh: It will not lift straight up and off -- the upper rollers are too fat come out of the tracks.

There must be a way to remove the door without busting the wall open -- HELP!

most doors are accessable after you remove the head piece of casing.
without knowing what hardware was used i can`t offer any more advice:eek:

You might try checking just inside the wall for an opening that will allow the rollers to lift out. My last house had a pocket door, and there was an opening in the tracks just inside the wall that would fit one roller at a time. In other words, you rolled the door into the pocket, lifted one edge out of the track, then slid the door (on a single roller) to where the door was closed, then you could remove the other roller.

Any chance of seeing several pictures of the hardware and the hanging situation? We can make it work Tony, just don't bust out anything yet, maybe later!:D

Shaz :)
You may have segmented tracks, one of which could be unscrewed when the door is retracted.:dunno:

Last edited:
Thanks All -- I GOT IT !!

After removing the head piece on the casing (THANKS TOD!) I saw it. The rollers do not come off, but by loosening the upper nut the 'hanger' slides off through a slot on the bracket attached to the door.

Sorry, the pic is BAD -- but you should get the picture.

Thanks All - I appreciate the leads. And you were right Shaz, didn't have to bust anything out :thumb:

Attachments

• DSC_051508_184 (800 x 536).jpg
    DSC_051508_184 (800 x 536).jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 41
The one I installed in our basement bath has levers that lock to the roller assembly. There's more than one way to skin a cat!

Glad you go it Tony!