I made one before out of some PVC pipe, but that did not work well, poor design on my part
I was working on this chunk of wood that Vaughn sent me, a piece of >> Spalted Alder << and man it was punky in spots, for the life of me, I could not get any really nice clean cuts, on certain areas, I tried my entire bag of tricks, but the wood was just simply tearing out like crazy.
I decided I needed to try something besides CA glue, but to do any kind of soaking that would work, I'd need to really stick the piece in a Vacuum Chamber and really saturate it.
I was talking to my lovely wife about this, and asked her assistance on finding a good used pressure cooker on auction or even a reasonably priced one for sale. She asked me how big it had to be, I wanted a fair sized pot, but I did not need anything huge. She suggested that she buy a new one, and I get her old one......... DEAL
here is the bottom of the pot, it is fairly old, but well taken care off, and of good quality.
I checked the safety valve, and as this was a pressure cooker before, and now I'm using it as a vacuum chamber, I took out the safety valve and reversed it......... honestly do not know if that will work, but it seems like a good idea.....
So then I hook up my vacuum pump with the stabilizing solution and the spalted Alder piece in there, turn on the pump......... and get all kinds of fluid into my vacuum hoses and air filter
I had to clean the whole system but at least the fluid did not get past the air cleaner, so the pump is OK..........
I got my Mighty Vac out of the bike garage, and used it, seemed to work
We shall see how this goes