New Yacht Launched: New Morning

If anyone is interested the boatyard where I work just launched a new yacht this past week. I would not call it our best yacht ever, and it does a have a lot more work to go yet, but from these pictures you can see quite a bit of stainless steel work, fiberglass work and woodwork.

Ultimately I put 6 months worth of work on this boat and yet not a lot of that time will ever show. The running lines on this sailboat are unique in that they are all hidden in channels molded into the deck and hull. That way when its at sail all youwill see is hull and sails, no lines (ropes) controlling those sails.

Its definately unique, and not a bad looking boat, just needs some more work. (and a few more millions of dollars tossed at it:) )

http://villagesoup.exposuremanager.com/g/inew_morningi_launch_at_lyman-morse_-_51508_-_okie

For a sail boat, sure seems to have a pretty short mast and small sails....

Must have a pretty good Iron Genoa down there :rolleyes:

But seriously, with the hidden lines and all, and the looks of the covered cockpit? Looks like it's made for serious heavy weather sailing...

Nice...

It's normal to launch a sailing vessel before stepping the mast. The mast is usually setup and tuned with the boat in the water.

Nice looking motor sailer. I'm not a fan of the reverse transom look but that seems to be standard on tupperware boats these days. I suppose they make sense if you want a place to easily board the boat from the water of from a tender.

Who designed it?

Hey glad you guys liked it. As I said its got a long ways to go but they always do. A lot of tweaking and redesigning and reworking when you build custom boats.

I am not sure when the next boat will launch, the Mad Max. Its should be coming out of the shop very shorty. Within a month I would say.

The one I can't wait to see go is a 62 foot yacht called Ringhaver. Its owned by an Executive of the Cat Cooperation and the twin 1200 hp caterpillar engines pushing the jet drives are going to just gleam with polished stainless. It uses 187 gallons of fuel per hour and should be fast. Its designed to be towed at 24 knots. That's pulled, not under its own power. That should be quite a boat.

What's going to tow it at 24 kts?

I think its his 120 foot yacht. We did not build that one so I am not sure what it is or what it looks like.

He has a 120 footer, and a 30 footer, so I guess he wants a 60 footer to bring up the middle. I really don't know, but I machined the eye that the tow line will hook too. Its 1 inch solid stainless steel Its quite the arrangement...and polished to a mirror finish no less.