Manna

Cody Colston

Since this piece is sorta artsy-fartsy, I did what an arteest would do and named it.

I call it "Manna" because when I showed it to my son he asked, "what is it?" That's the same thing the Israelites asked when they first saw Manna on the ground in the wilderness. "Manna" is Hebrew for "what is it?"

The vessel is 5" x 2 1/2" with 1/8" or so wall thickness. The pedestal and finial are Mesquite and the entire piece stands 10 1/4" tall.

Attachments

• PedestalHF.jpg
    PedestalHF.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Pedhf 002.jpg
    Pedhf 002.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Mohammad, the vessel is Red Elm. Just the pedestal and finial are Mesquite.

Gord, I sanded to P600 and finished it with a coat of tung oil followed by thinned poly. I'll put a couple or three more coats of poly on it. If you don't like poly finishes, well, Steve Schlumpf made me do it with his pics. :D

Since you included him on the finish, are you gonna blame Steve S for the rest for that sweet piece? :p

Very nice work, Cody. :thumb: Excellent job. :clap:

Thanks Vaughn. Yes, Steve is to blame for the rest of it, too because he's such an inspiration. His stuff is so good, it makes me push myself to get better and try different things.

Very nice work Cody! Always fun when you step outside the comfort zone and try something new! I like the overall form on this piece, great detail work, beautiful wood color combination and, of course, I love the finish!

Seriously nice work! Looking forward to seeing your next one!