After seeing Vaughn's good work on his >> Air Line System << I finally got around to fixing my compressor set up.
A while back, I raised my compressor up off the ground a bit, to give me some more needed space, but this also raised all of the connections, shut-off valves, and gauges up out of sight. This was not very convenient, so I wanted to fix this.
This is how the compressor set up looked before I got started, OK, I'd already removed a few bit.......
The first thing that I did was to extend out the drain for the oil from the pump, much easier to change the oil in the compressor, without having to wipe up the mess that would always drip down the side of the tank.
I also extended water drain from the bottom of the tank.
I'll put a bucket to collect the run off on the floor, that power strip on the wall next to the drain, will also be relocated.
Here is the "Air Station", for now, anyways, this will work.
I'll have to build a bracket or two down from the compressor to hold it in place, as it is rather unsupported right now.
One thing I want to point out, I really was not thinking when I used the PVC pipe on the water drain, if I was thinking, I would have done it all in steel pipe, but I knew I had the pipe, elbow, and valve for the PVC, so I used it.
I'll get some steel pipe next time I go out to the DIY store.
Next up, I'm going to build "Cap" over the top of the compressor to cut down on the noise.