No shop time tonight

Ned Bulken

Had a very important event to attend tonight...
manonfirst.jpg

That's Patrick on first base in the red sweatshirt. :D

I haven't been to a Little League game in years. I didn't know they had pitching coaches on the mound now. (Took me a little while to figure out the net thing on the mound, too.)

So...did Patrick's team win? Did he make it around the bases? Was ice cream or pizza involved at the end? :)

They do three innings of the pitching arm-machine thing, then three innings of real pitchers or 2 hours of total game time whichever comes first. The coaches alternate on the mound and also umpire the game. His team won, and no ice cream tonight, too cold.

I eventually pulled my kid when he was advancing past the tee ball into pitching. Seemed too many parents didnt know how to behave and I didnt want to expose my kid to the ridiculous fights and cursing between irate parents.
I understand nowadays, the leagues address parents since they are far worse than the kids.

Id rather watch a bunch of kids play ball with heart and determination,than watch a met or yankee game.

I eventually pulled my kid when he was advancing past the tee ball into pitching. Seemed too many parents didnt know how to behave and I didnt want to expose my kid to the ridiculous fights and cursing between irate parents.
I understand nowadays, the leagues address parents since they are far worse than the kids.

Id rather watch a bunch of kids play ball with heart and determination,than watch a met or yankee game.

Our group seems pretty well behaved, ie, we let the kids play and the coaches Coach. This is his first year in any organized sport, and he's having a ball.

I'm still apt to watch my Mets struggle this year, but then again, I have Tivo, so I don't have to choose them over him.