Big bowls anyone?

Bruce Page

If anyone’s interested, the local news paper had this add in this morning’s classifieds.
LATHE: MEGA wood lathe Oliver No. 21. Will turn 8 ft. diameter! $250. Heavy-duty sander/grinder. 18" disk, 16" drum $75. (505) 867-2751

I looked it up on owwm.com, it has a 96” swing :eek:

Jim Young wins the thread. :clap:

Man oh man, I wonder what sort of power that bad boy requires. Wish I was closer and had the space and power for it. Just so I could put an 8' bowl in my living room. :)

Jim Young wins the thread. :clap:

Man oh man, I wonder what sort of power that bad boy requires. Wish I was closer and had the space and power for it. Just so I could put an 8' bowl in my living room. :)

I'd put it on my rooftop and all it a hot tub :thumb:

8'........... Man, that must have been a pattern lathe for the shipyards! :thumb:

Worth the $250 in scrap (heaven forbid!!) at least.

Cheers!

Geez, I'm not that far away but have no place to but that brutte. Maybe my buddey George Conklin will let me put it in his garage..:huh:

Bring it on over, Don. And bring some cement, 2X4's, ply and roofing shingles cuz it ain't gonna fit!!!:D

Feel free to come over and use my workbench when you run out of room on your Workmate:thumb: .

For those of you wondering, Jim King made a deal with the lady that owns it and will be buying it and shipping it to Peru...
Wowsers, shipping wo't be cheap for that. :eek: On the other hand, Jim can probably come up with the 8' blanks necessary for turning a purpleheart hot tub.