Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Scooter...

New Scooter...

Nothing to do with the high price of gas here, My wife just needed a new scooter, she has to go to the the bank etc and this is just the easiest way to do so. When it rains, I play driver for her.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b041007b.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	20923
    A Suzuki "Lets 4" which is a 4 stroke 50cc scooter.

Cost us, on the road, about $950, not bad.

This little scooter gets about 188 MPG (US Gallons) yep, you read that right, this scooter is fuel injected, and is very lightweight, only 130 pounds. For a little scooter it is fairly quick, and for getting around town, it is a good tool.

Name:	emiko_lets_4.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	20924
    And there is my lovely wife striking a pose on her new scoot.

Her first reaction when seeing it.......... "Wow it's really YELLOW"

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Scooters are selling like crazy here in my town...why...188mpg. Looks like your new one will be safe because other drivers can't miss the color!

BTW...How far are you daughters from getting their own? I got my first moving violation on my older brother's yamahopper moped when I was 12!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Well, the 188 miles per gallon is what Suzuki says it gets, but even if it ONLY gets about half of that.....

Here, you have to be 16 to get a scooter license, neither of the girls have expressed any interest, but if they do, they will have to take the Honda motor cycle school course

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Very nice yellow scooter Stuart. In the 1950th, Italian scooters were very popular in the Netherlands, don't see them so much anymore on the Dutch roads, and if you have one, big chance they steal him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post
    A Suzuki "Lets 4" which is a 4 stroke 50cc scooter.

Cost us, on the road, about $950, not bad.

This little scooter gets about 188 MPG (US Gallons) yep, you read that right,
    Wow, 4 stroke -- that's the less polluting type of engine as well? All that for $950, out the door, brand new?

I told my wife I should buy her one at that price + mileage. And she asked me how she would fit the four kids on the back... I guess we need this one:

Name:	suzuki-stretch.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	20941
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

Hey Stu, wife looks like she is feeling good. Glad to see that. Yep, yeller. Great safety color in traffic. How much protection against theft do you have to do to keep it yours?

Good looking bike. With the price of gas I miss the ones I had in the late 70's. They were made in Germany by an offshoot of Mercedes. Since I ran a petite 225 back then I only got 158mpg. My wife got 190mpg with hers.

Very cool and yes, very yellow. I have been thinking about getting one of those as I only drive 4 miles to work and don't take the freeway. There's just something very emasculating about a guy on a 50cc scooter in my mind (your wife looks great on it). With the price of gas I may have to broaden my views ;-)

P.s. Glad she is doing so well.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Yeah, know what everyone is talking about looking masculine on a scooter, here my family and I call them "loser cruisers" as the people in the past ten years driving them are people that have lost their license due to drinking and driving.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    There's just something very emasculating about a guy on a 50cc scooter in my mind (your wife looks great on it).
    It isn't really the "50cc scooter" aspect that does that. It's just that when you're my size, you look like a gorilla sitting on a barstool when riding anything smaller than a 750.
    Where are we going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?