Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to 303

Welcome to 303

Dear Tod,
    you talked me into it, so here we go.Attachment 1831
    This is new to you but it has taken me almost 15 years renting this space and frequenting it most daily to fill it like it is. Attachment 1833 It is a hobby shop, a design studio, and artist's (me) playground and a cabinet/furniture shop.Attachment 1834 It is a storage shed, an art gallery, and a place where visions become tactile.Attachment 1835.
    More later.
    Woodworking by Shaz
    Last edited by Robert Schaubhut; 01-01-2007 at 02:00 AM.
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    OK enough of the teaser, now lets see the rest..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Looks like a place where lots of stuff gets done, Shaz. Your shop organization reminds me somewhat of mine, except a lot bigger, with more tools and WAY more wood. (I hope you don't take that as an insult, considering my apparently winning entry in the messy bench contest.)

I agree with Don, howsabout some more pics?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

shaz, looks like i`d feel right at home in your shop! i`m sitting in a hotel loby looking at a postage stamp sized monitor right now but even from here it looks inviting.......thanks! tod
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Hey, with that monster sized fan sitting by the main door... why is there dust on the floor? Seems to me that if you fire that sucker up you'd create some pretty major suction. Better tie down the off-cuts.

Shaz,

Denise and I both said "Wow" when we saw those pictures. Looks 'worked in' and that's a GREAT thing!

Share some more pics...seeing a persons 'mess' helps us better understand the mess maker...

Thanks...
    - Marty -
    Fivebraids, Inc.
    When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there’s no end to what you can’t do…

Thanks Shaz. This looks like the kind of shop where a lot of good work gets done.

Do you have a layout plan by any chance? If so, I sure would like to see it.
    Cheers, Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Looks like a place where lots of stuff gets done, Shaz. Your shop organization reminds me somewhat of mine, except a lot bigger, with more tools and WAY more wood. (I hope you don't take that as an insult, considering my apparently winning entry in the messy bench contest.)

I agree with Don, howsabout some more pics?
    Hi Don, and Oh Vaughn..
    Me thinks it does look like your place and hope you would feel welcome here, you would be. Oh and congratulations on that fun messy bench thread, you really have a mess , Since I don't how to isolate segments of quotes, nor have I the knowledge to include more than one quote with a response in a post we will do it this way for now. Attachment 1851 Attachment 1852
    Last edited by Robert Schaubhut; 12-12-2006 at 12:56 AM.
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Shaz
    Here is how

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    shaz, looks like i`d feel right at home in your shop! i`m sitting in a hotel loby looking at a postage stamp sized monitor right now but even from here it looks inviting.......thanks! tod
    Dear Tod,
    We are in this together, you know that, it is what we do. Some look forward to retirement to do what we do everyday. "I guess we are living a dream."
    Attachment 1853
    Sometimes it seems like a nightmare, like with Steve's misfortune, but he grabbed ahold and headed up that next hill. It is what we do.
    So sure you could teach me a fewwww things.
    Attachment 1854
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Here is how

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder View Post
    Hey, with that monster sized fan sitting by the main door... why is there dust on the floor? Seems to me that if you fire that sucker up you'd create some pretty major suction. Better tie down the off-cuts.
    Hello Art,
    Real cute, but you are right it will move stuff.
    It is on all summer and it will blow the @&5%%$&&$(6*&*^% around. Oh yea about that dust,you have four possible choices
    A. I am waiting on the dusty floor contest photos,
    B. It has been cold and we haven't needed the big boy
    C. Did some work for Dusty Hill and if he comes over thought he would feel at home
    D.My only claim to having a wood floor
    As for the cut offs and drops... A real possibility
    Enjoy,Attachment 1856
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Here is how