Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dang that hurts!!

Dang that hurts!!

Fair warning, I am whining.

Last Saturday as I was pulling on a nylon ratchet strap I felt the burn. Big time! Like a fire in my side. Obviously I pulled a muscle. Well here it is a week latter and for some reason after getting better it got worse. Slept miserable last night. Couldn't get comfortable. Would wake up and it would hurt to move. Just really sore again and I have been good and not doing anything to aggravate it.

I had an Inspection this morning and that REALLY didn't help. It hurts to take a deep breath now! And to add insult to injury. I got my offer to join AARP yesterday. I would laugh but it hurts to bad.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

Sounds like it might be time to get it checked on. After experiencing the 11th anniversary of my 50th, I warn you that the AARP mailings come weekly or so it seems. Getting older is not always pleasant. But it beats the alternative, if you know what I mean. Hopefully a good nights sleep will help you return to your "old" self.
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Get it checked out before it gets really bad.

I am not even 40 and I get AARP membership offer as well.

My very proud, in a good way, and independent MIL said no to AARP....until she saw the discounts on so many things that came with it....now she embraces it.

Hope you heal well and fast...can't take the kayak out if you can't paddle.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

I'd go get it checked out - for peace of mind knowing it's a routine thing and not something serious like a hernia.

Jeff,
    definitely get it checked & hope you feel better soon.
    This past week I also just got my letter to join the AARP

Chuck

I hope that you get well, but excuse my ignorance. What does AARP stand for??

I do no want to make a joke but the only thing I can imagine is American Association of Retired People and that doesn't make any sense to me.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Quote Originally Posted by Toni Ciuraneta View Post
    I hope that you get well, but excuse my ignorance. What does AARP stand for??

I do no want to make a joke but the only thing I can imagine is American Association of Retired People and that doesn't make any sense to me.
    man i have taught you well toni your real close,,, see those mixed up letters i type are worht while actually i didnt realize that so many of you folks are so old man i am glad that i havent got there yet and as most think,,if i keep up as i am i nevr will
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    i didnt realize that so many of you folks are so old man i am glad that i havent got there yet and as most think,,if i keep up as i am i nevr will
    Hey Larry, I hope yo're not talkin' 'bout me man! I'm still a youngster trying to learn your language!!
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

You got it Toni! Bottom line is it is a business. They work to get legislation/laws passed and they arrange a lot of Discounts to their members through companies that work with them. Bottom line is they are out to make a buck. Not that that they are a bad organization, it's just a business.

Going to take it easy over the weekend and see if it gets better of worse. I really think it's just a strained or pulled muscle BUT I am not stupid either. If it's not better I will get an appointment with the Doctor.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits