Vista?

Al killian

I just bought a new pc which came with Vista:bang:, which I truely hate. The wife on the other hand does not seem to mind it. Then again all she uses it for is playing games. I have found several things that are really pushing my buttons. I am thinking of installing xp. Atleast then I can install outlook express and use copy and paste. The other thing I have found so far is the lack of being able to type on certain sites. If you have this system, what do you think of it and how haver you manged to deal with some off the issues this system has?

I've had Vista for some time now and haven't found any restrictions in using it. I use Outlook and not Outlook express so I can't comment on that aspect. I haven't seen any difference in copy and paste compared to XP.

I had to upgrade some of my applications but the old ones were getting pretty long in the tooth so I feel that's not too bad.

Mike

I too have Vista (Ultimate for about a year) on my Sony laptop. I also have MS Office 2007 with Outlook. I keep it up to date, and have not had any real problems with it. I used XP before, and don't really find one easier or more difficult. Understand, I'm really a Mac guy running OS X, but find XP and Vista usable and not near as frustrating as Win 2K was for me.

Vista does want more memory and newer hardware, but if you have a good piece of hardware, it should work fine, IMO.

Vista seems to be like Win2K was....some like it, some have nothing but frustration with it. :dunno:

I heard a rumor that DOD (Department of Defense) has said no Vista Machines on it's turf. Therefore Microsoft has backed up, changed gears and will continue to support and upgrade XP. Anyone else heard that?

I still run W2K because it works. I don't have a problem with XP but W2K ain't broke and I like it.

Atleast then I can install outlook express and use copy and paste.
The "Windows Mail" that comes bundled with Vista is Outlook Express: AFAIK they're not selling Outlook Express under that name anymore. (Did they ever actually sell Outlook Express as a retail product? I've only seen it as a preinstalled app.) And copy and paste works exactly the way it always did, at least on both my new HPs.

You can also shut off (most of) the Vista eye-candy and get something that looks like XP and (IMHO) works at least as well, if not better.

I heard a rumor that DOD (Department of Defense) has said no Vista Machines on it's turf. Therefore Microsoft has backed up, changed gears and will continue to support and upgrade XP. Anyone else heard that?

I still run W2K because it works. I don't have a problem with XP but W2K ain't broke and I like it.

The report I read said that MS is considering continuing to support XP.