Thread: Bessey clamps question

Bessey clamps question

Everyone is probably aware of the drop in price for the K-body Bessey clamps but I was wondering if anyone knows what will replace this clamp. If so, what are the differences. I'd hate to buy up a bunch of the older style only to find out the newer improved version works lots better.

Thanks in advance,
    Lee Laird
    Austin TX

You're thinking of the K-body Revo. I don't know that the "old" style will go away but, they have performed flawlessly for me for years.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Glenn,

Woodcraft has the original K-body reduced in price so I ASSUMED (my bad) they were likely to be replaced with something better. Maybe Woodcraft will carry the Revo instead or maybe it's just a sale.

I appreciate the info.
    Lee Laird
    Austin TX

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Laird View Post
    Glenn,

Woodcraft has the original K-body reduced in price so I ASSUMED (my bad) they were likely to be replaced with something better. Maybe Woodcraft will carry the Revo instead or maybe it's just a sale.

I appreciate the info.
    Not your bad at all Lee. Lowes and many others are offering low prices on K-body clamps. Since the Revo comes out in a month or so I also ASSUMED they were related(?). I guess we will have to wait and see.

I did pick up a couple pair of 24" as they seem to be the size I mostly reach for. The Jets, Irwins and Jorgie CM's are a bit heavy for me (I only weigh about a buck-fifty) so I go with the Besseys.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

If the new Revo clamps are higher in price, the "old style", that work great, might still look good.

I got a bunch during a previous super Amazon sale, so I can't justify more now, but I wouldn't hesitate to get the current model....especially on sale, if I had a current need.

Guys,

I just got back from my weekly treck to WC and the manager's son, who works there, thinks they will stop carrying the old style. They haven't gotten word whether they will carry the Revo, but they think they will. Also, some of the "old style" are now arriving with a rubberized handle instead of the wood handle. Seems like you might be able to make things a little tighter with the new handle, too.

Just info.
    Lee Laird
    Austin TX