Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regular visitor to my office

Regular visitor to my office

I know you some of you, like Frank & Travis, might not think this is much to talk about considering your surroundings, but remember my office is only 3 blocks from downtown Boise. This young mom and her fawn have been by every morning for a couple of weeks now. It's a nice addition to my normal day. I try and grab the cell phone camera whenever they visit. This is taken through my office window.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PIC-0016a.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	21114
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    I know you some of you, like Frank & Travis, might not think this is much to talk about considering your surroundings, but remember my office is only 3 blocks from downtown Boise. This young mom and her fawn have been by every morning for a couple of weeks now. It's a nice addition to my normal day. I try and grab the cell phone camera whenever they visit. This is taken through my office window.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PIC-0016a.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	21114

Neat. Whitetail become very acclimated to human presence when they live near populated areas. Several towns in Arkansas have had to sanction 'in town' bow hunting season just to keep numbers under control. We haven't seen any fawns yet this year. May is the usual month for birthing but last year they didn't appear until late June and early July.

youre lucky, the view outside my work place looks like downtown Beirut.

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    youre lucky, the view outside my work place looks like downtown Beirut.
    hey allen i will make you adeal on anew house next door you gotta be better than her and rennie that little fella isnt to old noy much past 3 weeks i would say.. must be you havnt been mowin your lawn much either.. kinda tall in the back ground
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    .. must be you havnt been mowin your lawn much either.. kinda tall in the back ground
    Ahhhh, all the regulations regarding waterways. I don't think our mowing service is allowed to mow any closer to the stream which is about 6' from where she is standing.

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Very cool, Rennie. There have been a couple time I've seen whitetail grazing on fallen olives under the trees in our parking lot at work. Our office is in Burbank adjacent to the I-5 freeway and busy arterial streets, but we're about a half mile from some undeveloped mountain areas. (The deer still have to go through that half mile of residential streets to get to our office, though.) I've also seen coyotes strolling around the streets in the area during the day.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    hey allen i will make you adeal on anew house next door you gotta be better than her
    Geee, I thought you guys would hit it off well. After all she keeps your yard lit up at night.

Got a few of them here as well Rennie, I have at least 6 does in my field everyday.....I just know there are some little ones hidden in the fencelines somewhere.

Wife smacked a large one coming home from Larry's a few weekends ago, truck is in the body shop as I speak/type. The insurance adjuster and the owner of the body shop both told me this has been a banner year for deer/car accidents.
    A very wise man once said.......
    "I'll take my chances with Misseurs Smith and Wesson. "

Sweet. I'd like to have a similar view in my workplace, but my window is facing the factory parking lot at ground level so enjoy it for me will you?
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Lived in Michigan until I retired in Mexico. Build furniture for use. If I need it I build it.
    That's a beautiful view Rennie, I remember many times seeing similiar when I lived in Michigan (most of my life), but here in Mexico my regular visits every day are lizards, spiders, coc-la-roahcahs, scorpions, ants and a few squirrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Schacht View Post
    That's a beautiful view Rennie, I remember many times seeing similar when I lived in Michigan (most of my life), but here in Mexico my regular visits every day are lizards, spiders, coc-la-roahcahs, scorpions, ants and a few squirrels.
    Hmmmm No offence Gerald, but I'll stick with the does and fawns.

BTW - My avatar pic was taken in MI - we vacationed on Mackinac Island last year and loved it.

www.wrworkshop.com