lost my baby tonight...

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Snuggle with your cat today.

I did for the last time with mine tonight. He was not ill, ate his dinner just fine. Several hours later. while laying at my feet, he let out a loud moan, shuddered and was gone. He was 14. I rescued him from the pound 9 years ago.

And if you only have a dog, give him/her a good rub down, too. Tomorrow may be too late.

I'm very sorry to see the sad news, Carol. Take some comfort in the fact that you gave him 9 great years that he otherwise might not have had.

All three of my dogs will get special pets tonight.

carol, so sorry for your loss. people who don't have pets they love have no idea what this fuss is all about.

but it's about this: pets love you unconditionally, all the time. if we could learn just a little of their accepting quality it would be a completely different world. saying that, i'm going to try harder today.

Carol, so sorry to hear of your loss. It's always hard to lose a loved one, even our four legged ones. I have 2 Irish littermates that are going to be 13 next week. My boy is not doing well, and I know the day is near. When you're ready, look for another rescue. The need is great. Jim.

Pets are part of our lives and a member of our family, we miss them as well as we miss those that we love and see them pass away.

My heart is with you Carol.

Sincere condolences. Lost one of my best friends last fall (Lab Mix) and I have another that is 13 and on his way. The first days are the toughest....

Sincerely,

Brent

Hi Carol, please accept my sympathies on the passing of your furry friend. There's no pain like loss.

Thank you for rescuing him from the pound and giving him a happy home for 9 years. You did a good thing, and he loved you for it.

Greg made a great suggestion about using the Pet Loss Web site. Look up the Monday night Candle Ceremony. I lit a candle every Monday night for a long time after losing my puppymill rescue Beagle Andie. My fiance at the time thought I was nuts to do that, but it did make me feel better (and less alone) to remember her that way. They really are your friends and give you so much love in return.

Snuggling my Beagles,

--MJ

Thanks, everyone. I did check the Pet Loss site. Each day does get a little easier, but tears sneak up on me at the darnedest times. I keep listening for the thump on the floor as he dropped from the bed after one of his naps.

I am moving this week (planned anyway) and I think it will help to live in a place he never was. He will always be in my heart. He was one special fellow. I gave all his thing to an elderly lady who keeps her late husband's cat, Hairball. Hairball now has 2 cases of canned cat food and a large bag of Science Diet, along with an electric litter box, scratching post, toys, and whatnot. Last time it took me 7 years to get another cat. In any event I am going back to school and housing does not permit pets. I was arranging with a friend to keep him for four months. Now she will not need to do that.

Maybe after school and I am finally settled in a place again....

Carol, my heart and eyes cry with you. I know what you're feeling. My Sneakers and Socks are both far from young, and at 11-plus years, ol' Sneakers just can't get to the top of the sky box any more. He even meows at me to jump up on the desk so he can lay next to me as I'm at the computer. Our four-legged furry beastie friends are so much a part of our lives that when they go, the house seems so empty. Next time you're through here, stop and you can love on my two.

Nancy

my cat is 20 years old and last week she almost died... she is better now but still not out of the woods and we don't know if she will be... i am sad for your loss and i understand how you feel...she has been our only pet and we have decided not to ever have another one as it is too painfull to see them suffer or to see them age...i wish you peace and good health...