Today I'm very sad and overwhelmed

A friend of mine did the same thing with her art supplies when she began losing her vision. To her, the most valuable things she owned were these bits and pieces of what she was losing - her ability to create. Stained glass remnants, snips and irons, canvases, carving chisels, carefully maintained brushes... A part of her was dying but now she lives on in everything new that's created.

I think this is similar to teaching someone your craft... you're giving a gift that carries a bit of you as life moves forward. You've learned a lot from your friend, so honor him by accepting graciously; to not do this is actually painful to the giver. He is entrusting you with what means the most to him, so give him that gift in return.

Let yourself be inspired and keep creating,

--MJ

he thinks of you as family and this is what he has to leave you as your "inheritance", his beloved tools....be proud that he loves you this much and that he respects you and your love of the trade...you are lucky to have his friendship.... make something with what he has given you so far and show him ...

Toni, as many have said before, how honored you are to be trusted with such a gift. I am often reminded how we all leave a Legacy, whether good or bad, remembered or not. I cannot remember who won the medal of honor last year, or the nobel peace prize, or any other significant achievement - but I can remember the people who signficiantly touched my life through the years. Cherish these tools and make your own Legacy - one that will impact others as much as yours has been.

Toni, as many have said before, how honored you are to be trusted with such a gift. I am often reminded how we all leave a Legacy, whether good or bad, remembered or not. I cannot remember who won the medal of honor last year, or the nobel peace prize, or any other significant achievement - but I can remember the people who signficiantly touched my life through the years. Cherish these tools and make your own Legacy - one that will impact others as much as yours has been.

Norb, this was quite well-written and clearly came from the heart. Thank you for such an inspirational message.

--MJ