Laser for Hollowing tool

Wayne Bower

Well, I have built a captured hollowing rig and it works well for me. The problem is that I have used two cheaper laser pointers like you would use for presentations and they have both quit working. I am guessing that they are not designed for that type of work. Had both of them so not out much.
The question that I have is: What and where can one purchase a pointer that would work for this application but not cost a lot. I have seen one on the elbo tool web site for around $22.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Wayne you might want to check out Randy's site, Monster Hollowing Tool. His site said he had a similar problem and has switched to a new system. I don't know if that is the laser or laser and mounting system, a lot more than $22.00. Randy is known for high quality. Hope this helps...Bruce

I have the Elbo laser, but have probably only used it for ~3 hours actual "on" time. So far it seems to be holding up, but I suspect your cheapies made it that far.
I can offer to answer any questions you might have about it.
Also, Stan Townsend is the guy who makes/sells the Elbo gear. You might give him a call and ask about his experience with this laser. He's been straight with me on any questions I've asked.

Guys, thanks for the info. I have been able to get my laser working again, but still think I need to get something different. I will call Stan and see what he has to say.