Rain, Rain GO AWAY!!!

Jeff Bower

Last night we got another 4.5" of rain in just under 2 hours:eek:...on top of the 3" we have recieved over the last week! This weekend they are calling for another 3-5" :eek:

My basement has fared better than others...no standing water but there was water in there sometime between midnight and 6am as boxes and the floor is wet. First time ever in 4 years. Everyone I know has standing water in theirs.

Heading home from work soon to help LOML in the clean up...will be stopping to buy a couple of fans to help with the drying.

As Frank says, "Keep your powder dry!"

Last night we got another 4.5" of rain in just under 2 hours:eek:...on top of the 3" we have received over the last week! This weekend they are calling for another 3-5" :eek:
Let's see, 4.5 + 3 + 3 = 10.5. Another 1/2 inch and you will have had Boise' annual rainfall in 2 weeks!:eek:

I hope you continue to be one of the dry ones!:thumb:

Been raining a lot here too, we ARE in the rainy season, but I still get tired of it in a hurry.

We live on a hill, so flooding is NOT a problem, thank goodness, but man it has been humid here, I have to run my AC 24/7 in the Dungeon, or everything will rust in a hurry.

Caught a cold too, I'm not fit company today......... :(

Why do you have water in your basement, is the water table that high that is it getting in?

Sucks, I hope you can save some stuff, but if you have carpets, I wonder if they are history??

Good luck! :wave:

Stu, the reason the water was in the basement is that the ground is saturated from past rains and the fact it rained so hard for such a long time...no where else for it to go.

Rennie, I knew Idaho was dry, but didn't know it was that dry!:eek:

A 500 year flood happened here in 1993, glad I didn't live here then. About a billion $ was spent to upgrade storm drainage and flood prevention. They are saying we could have more rain than that year and the lakes and rivers are approaching those same levels...hope the money was well spent!

Let's see, 4.5 + 3 + 3 = 10.5. Another 1/2 inch and you will have had Boise' annual rainfall in 2 weeks!:eek:

I hope you continue to be one of the dry ones!:thumb:

Jeff, you've already had more than Albuquerque's annual rainfall average of 9.5"!! I don't envy you the wet basement or the clean-up.:doh:

The company that I work for has stores in Creston and Lennex somewhere inbetween these two towns which are about 20 miles apart they had 8-9" wed and 10" thursday nights. A couple of the employees have floating washers and dryers. We went to the basment last night and high winds went past about 5 miles away. So far I have had no damage.