H & R Block Pens

Well got called this morning and wanted to know if I could turn 12 more pens like I turned for them already. I went back and sure enough had 14 blanks. So I ask her when she needed them. She said before they close if possible. I told her I would try. So I did 12 slimlines in H & R Block colors, a pink one and a K-State purple one for the other two gals. So after getting the bandsaw and like I said had to drive 36 miles oneway it was pushing it but did get them done. Sorry for the pictures but had to take them and run. I am not sure I like this type of production work.

Attachments

• H R Block Pens.jpg
    H R Block Pens.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 41
  • H R Block Pens 2.jpg
    H R Block Pens 2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 35
Yeah, it kind of takes some of the fun out of it when you're turning under a deadline, huh? Still, looks like you did a good job. :thumb: It's hard to turn down repeat business, and maybe it'll offset the cost of that new lathe/bandsaw combo. :p

Good fast work, I hope you stuck to the old adage............

"Good, Fast, Cheap, pick TWO" :thumb:

Production work can be a drag, but it is how a lot of guys pay the bills.

"I am not sure I like this type of production work."

Bernie,

They look great. And like my grandma always said, 'any work you get paid well for is good work...' ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Thanks all. Yes it was a pain standing there turning 14 pens. I forgot about the 3 others the LOML took back at noon today for another lady where she works. Yep it did pay for the bandsaw and about $200 left over. I am looking at the Holdfast vacuum chucking system. I saw one in use this last weekend and it does work slick and holds great. I couldn't pull the bowl off the lathe. He made me try hard and it held pulling 22" at 60 psi. I have the same compressor and his only ran 3 times while doing the bottom.