Thread: First Farmers/Art market Saturday of the year.

Central Illinois

First Farmers/Art market Saturday of the year.

Got up at 6:30 am. 6:45 - WOW can't see across the street due to rain coming down. 7:00 - rain down to a light shower, so I left for the show. BTW, LOML thinks I'm CRAZY! Told her I had to go down and pay for the year and who knows, it might stop.

7:15 - Pull in to the show and it's raining harder now, so I get me an application copy to fill out and pull into my spot and park.

7:25 - Rain almost stopped, so I chose to set up my canopy and two tables without any draping and left the lathe in the van. Too wet to take a chance of gettin' Zapped!

Only had one customer that bought today, however, she is well know in the art community and she picked up two pieces (Sorry, I didn't even have time to get pictures of them yet). The first was a 12-1/2 X 3" tapered side Russian Elm bowl - $75.00 and a NE Sassafrass bowl 5"X4" $50.00. Subtract that from the annual booth rental and I will be even with one more $45.00 sale.

First year I've done that.

Then went to Woodcraft and taught a turning class.

ASK ME IF I'M HAPPY----------------- sorry ----------NO! Didn't get to spend ANY time with my Granddaughter today.
    Bruce Shiverdecker - Retired Starving Artist ( No longer a Part timer at Woodcraft, Peoria, Il.)

"The great thing about turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed and you have something beautiful. Nature does the hard part!"

Delton, Michigan

at least you showed her, bruce:)

and you didnt melt either so does that mean your sugar or salt? congrats on battleing the elements and winning
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

ABQ NM
    Congrats, Bruce. Sounds like you did very well, especially for a rainy day. Isn't it great how a couple of the higher-end pieces can take a nice bite out of the entry fees? I'm envious of your booth space prices. Mine have been running in the $250 to $350 range for one or two days. Here's hoping you have a great sales season this year.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan