Rockwell Machinery PM-1886 Bandsaw

glenn bradley

Well, not that old. The manual is dated Aug. 15, 1971 so it's no where near as old as me. Anyway, on with the story. A neighbor was getting rid of a lot of memories; she was recently widowed. Another neighbor asked me to stop by and take a look at what she was selling. She had a large and a small Veritas vise and I asked what she wanted for them. She said $20 :eek:. I told her I would give her a bit better than that. I also upped her price on a few other items that she was selling too low as she was not aware of what they were. This was all done on the evening prior to her "garage sale".

Among several other items I just had to take this even though I didn't really need it. Her husband had gotten it from his father who bought it new. Needs some clean up but the CI and paint are fine. All original and just too cute to leave behind as I got it for less than a bar-tab.

Rockwell-PM-1886.jpg

She has a 13" Delta planer brand new in the box, a small C-man tablesaw NIB, a Delta lathe, a HF lathe NIB, HF DC NIB, HF mortiser, grinders, carving tools, etc., etc. If I had known before last night that she was ready to sell I would have posted a list to help her out. At any rate; cute little bandsaw.

Last edited:
Nice get, Glenn. Especially now that you have the big bandsaw, this one will be handy for the more curvy stuff. And hopefully someone's looking down and happy to see the tools get a new life instead of collecting dust in a garage.