heat and humidity

I do not like the heat and humidity that I experienced this weekend. I know everyone has a different set of tolerances regarding actual numbers, but hearing, "Oh, wasn't the weather so nice?" from people who sat around in AC all weekend long really steams me.*

I think that's about all I can say without a CoC violation. :rofl:

Thanks for letting me vent!

* just before hitting the submit thread button I saw that this was a bad pun :wave: :rofl:

Last edited:
I went to a Baptism today, a restaurant afterwards, the eatery had no AC.
The thermometer was reading 94, and I know the humidity inside that place was close to 100%
The party went off with a hitch except the lack of air to breath.
(but it was hot, really really tough to spend an entire afternoon in a suit)

Mark, I'm with ya. It has been awful here all week. I don't like the heat or humidity. It was 97 in the garage/shop yesterday with the door up and the fan running. This is late July/August weather. I'm thinking about putting in a window A/C to get it so I can at least stand it for longer than 10 min.

Yup...we've had the heat problem too! Could have turned it on the last week or so but didn't. Down in the 40's at night....daytime highs in the low 60's F .....cloudy....rainy.....

Saturday, the oldest son played in a golf tournament. He came home and took a 30 minute hot shower to get warmed back up. He wore shorts and short sleeve shirt to the tournament. High of 60 with intermittant rain and wind. :dunno:I'm not sure why he wore the shorts.....

boy oh boy, you weren't just whistling dixie. Today with the rain and the humidity, I was glad to stay in the house, or in the PACU when I went and scored a free 4 tube flourescent light fixture and also a ceiling fan from a friend of mine who just renovated her kitchen.

:D Welcome to my world! It's like that most all summer and it started early this year.

Echoing Jeff... :(

Oh, FW'ers, please do come visit me and Bill, who live (separately) here in the DC Metro area... which was built on a swamp with accompanying mosquito peeps for those who don't know.

Today, unusually hot at 98 degrees and about the same humidity... mmm... great for the skin, horrible for hair and everything else. Can't wait for August. :rofl:

--MJ, melting, I'm mellllllting.............. ;)

I couldnt work in the garage today, I straightened things out, unloaded a ton of PT for all the chairs I have to get busy with, and then washed out the pails, only because it invovled the use of cold water, then I was done.
The thought of working with sawdust today, well, made me think of shake-n-bake. I sweat profusely, and the sawdust would be coating me like a shake -n -bake chicken.

Last edited:
well mark, its not gonna

get much better, see like jeff said, its like that down his way all the time! i was in mississippi in jan and had to change clothes because the first set was drenched, and they too have high humidty. but back the the orignal cause is the global warming you have heard so much talk about,, and add to the cause its election year and we all know that it gets warmer on those years and the humidty rizes as well:rofl:

get much better, see like jeff said, its like that down his way all the time! i was in mississippi in jan and had to change clothes because the first set was drenched, and they too have high humidty. but back the the orignal cause is the global warming you have heard so much talk about,, and add to the cause its election year and we all know that it gets warmer on those years and the humidty rizes as well:rofl:

'Cause of all the extra hot air being expelled into the atmosphere? :rofl:

Isn't DC still considered a "Hardship" posting by the UK government :huh: :D :rofl::rofl:

You guys should try Tokyo, it is now warming up, and EVERY one has their AC cranked, so it is sometime HOTTER at night than during the day, I think they call this a "Heat Island".

I LOVE the Dungeon this time of year, cool and quiet :D

You folks should really visit the small farming town my wife grew up in....

You'd fit right in.....There's a small Amish grocery store there....Has a real novelty. Free Coffee! Yup....free coffee and....on Thursday evenings....free ice cream cone. Best food buys for 40 miles around and folks come from larger towns to shop there. Retired and working farmers all come there for coffee and TALK and COMPLAIN about the weather.

You folks would fit right in!:D

Mark,
We have had a preview on our summer we had 3 days of just about 100 degrees with almost 100% humidity. If I had one more person ask me "is it hot enough for you" as I stand there soaking wet with sweat I would have really hurt them:rofl:

I'm a Mailman so I HATE THE SUMMER!!!:rofl::rofl:

Chuck

I don't mind the heat as long as I don't have to pretend I'm civilized. If folks can take me sweaty and wearing shorts and t-shirt, I'll do fine. Wear a hat and drink plenty of water, that's the formula.

Hot and humid is bad but what about cold and humid? 65 degrees last night at work, 98% humidity and 63 degree dew point. Wonder what drugs I was on 30 years ago when I decided that welding would be a great sport to get in to. Don't help that it has rained since the frost went out.