Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In memorial

Westphalia, Michigan

In memorial

I want to pay a tribute to my nephew who passed away last week. Forrest was just 8 yrs. old and lost a 2 year battle with leukemia.
    He was a real special kid. At 4 years old he would come over to my in-laws farm and work all day running the wood splitter while we tried to keep up, feeding him blocks. He rarely ever spoke but was very serious about helping out. His dad owns a logging co. and Forrest would often work with his dad fixing the heavy equipment. He would hand nuts and bolts to his dad and even corrected his dad on occaision about how things went together. He showed an incredible mechanical ability. Took his bicycle apart at 5 yrs. old and put it back together perfectly. Forrest loved to fish and took 2nd place in a walleye fishing contest. My son John spent every day with Forrest the last month of his life. They went fishing, shot a lot of chipmonks and red squirrels that were messing with Grandmas bird feeders, played hard every day and were inseperable all day long. He crammed a lot of living into his short life and was an inspiration to all who knew him. It's going to be hard not having him around.

My sincere condolences to you and your family for the loss of this young loved one.

You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

Austin TX

Our hearts go out to you and your family at this very sad time. May the memories of Forrest temper your unimaginable loss in some small way. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Escondido, CA
    I know how hard it is to lose one you love. Forrest sounds like a very special young man. I know your whole family has learned unforgettable lessons from his short life. Take what he taught you and do something in your life that will honor his life.

My heart goes out to you. You and your family are lifted to God until new joys are found in your lives.

My deepest condolences, to you and all your family. Such a loss is hard to bear.
    Best regards,

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Tokyo Japan
    Paul, my family's deepest condolences to you and your family.

Godspeed Forrest.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

ABQ NM
    My condolences to you and the whole family, Paul. Sounds like Forrest was quite a little man. May you all find comfort in your memories of him.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Rio Rancho, NM
    Paul, my deepest condolences to you and your family. A parent should never have to bury a child--it should be the other way around. But sometimes the Creator has other plans in mind. May your hearts be at peace.

Nancy Laird
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Plainwell, Michigan

I know just how you feel, I lost a nephew 5 yrs ago just about the same way.
    It is a great thing that such a youngster left your family with so many great memories to remember him by.
    My best thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Central (upstate) NY
    Hope you all do as well as you can.