In memorial

Paul Downes

I want to pay a tribute to my nephew who passed away last week. Forrest was just 8 yrs. old and lost a 2 year battle with leukemia.
He was a real special kid. At 4 years old he would come over to my in-laws farm and work all day running the wood splitter while we tried to keep up, feeding him blocks. He rarely ever spoke but was very serious about helping out. His dad owns a logging co. and Forrest would often work with his dad fixing the heavy equipment. He would hand nuts and bolts to his dad and even corrected his dad on occaision about how things went together. He showed an incredible mechanical ability. Took his bicycle apart at 5 yrs. old and put it back together perfectly. Forrest loved to fish and took 2nd place in a walleye fishing contest. My son John spent every day with Forrest the last month of his life. They went fishing, shot a lot of chipmonks and red squirrels that were messing with Grandmas bird feeders, played hard every day and were inseperable all day long. He crammed a lot of living into his short life and was an inspiration to all who knew him. It's going to be hard not having him around.

Paul,

My sincere condolences to you and your family for the loss of this young loved one.

You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

Paul,

Our hearts go out to you and your family at this very sad time. May the memories of Forrest temper your unimaginable loss in some small way. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Lee

I know how hard it is to lose one you love. Forrest sounds like a very special young man. I know your whole family has learned unforgettable lessons from his short life. Take what he taught you and do something in your life that will honor his life.

My heart goes out to you. You and your family are lifted to God until new joys are found in your lives.

My condolences to you and the whole family, Paul. Sounds like Forrest was quite a little man. May you all find comfort in your memories of him.

Paul, my deepest condolences to you and your family. A parent should never have to bury a child--it should be the other way around. But sometimes the Creator has other plans in mind. May your hearts be at peace.

Nancy

Paul,

I know just how you feel, I lost a nephew 5 yrs ago just about the same way.
It is a great thing that such a youngster left your family with so many great memories to remember him by.
My best thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Tom

Dear Paul,
Thanks for telling us about Forrest. Special isn't a big enough word for such an inspirational little guy. What a foot print he has laid on your heart.
Thanks be for the chance to know a Forrest in our lives.
Peace.
Shaz

Hi Paul, I'm sorry to hear about Forrest, yet glad too... the little guy lives on through his gifts to you and how you've shared his life with this forum. He really lived life, man. That's all any of us need to aspire to. Thank you for reminding us how precious and important life is.

--MJ

Paul, I'm so sorry to hear about your nephews passing.

We lost a daughter.....it just never seems fair that the little ones go so soon.

Paul, am so sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my nephew 11 years ago and he was 10 to the same thing. Very hard, no words of encouragement here other than I now can look at his goofy smile with his crooked stance against his Golden Retreiver and smile not cry. May you feel God's presence and not be angry at him for this that we don't understand.

i am so sorry for the loss of the liitle nephew.... he sounds like he was a great little boy....he's looking down on all who loved him, i'm sure of it....