Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DFW-Family get together with Ken Fitzgerald

DFW-Family get together with Ken Fitzgerald

Ken is going to be in Arlington, TX for 2 weeks this month. He has set aside Sat 6/21 or Sun 6/22 for a get together and meal. Ken says breakfast or lunch is fine with him. (This is also posted on SMC.) I hope we can get a good group together and show Ken some good Tejas hospitality. Post back here if you can come, or PM me. Also, if you have any good ideas for a place to eat, especially one that might be slightly unique, post those ideas as well. I don't know Arlington eateries as well as Fort Worth's. Hope to have you join in the fun! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

wish I could be there. Only eaterie I know in that area is Razoo's, but that's not what you're looking for. Have fun!
    -Ned

Ned, to know about Razoos, you must have been here before!! I work across the street from a place called Boo Rays that is owned by the guy that started Razoos. I haven't eaten there yet, buit it sure smells good when the wind is out of the north!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Sure 'nuff. I've got cousins who lived in FW, and they took me out there once. Deep fried pickle slices, who'da thunk it? I'm an old road warrior, there are very few places in the USA I've not at least been near once or twice: ND, SD, AK, HI are the only states I've not visited. The rest I've spent at least a couple of nights in, if not months at a time.

Last time I was in Tejas, I was down in Houstopolis photographing at a country club on the Northeast side of town, Walden CC near Kingwood. Nice enough place, spent about 4 months there. Before that was when I was shooting fraternity and sorority photos and that took me to such places as Kilgore to visit the rangerettes, Brownsville, Austin, College Station etc...
    -Ned

Too early in time to prepare the trip and visa I'm sorry to say, but I'd love to come over there.

BTW. Any fellow woodworker near San Francisco or the Mendocino area? I'm toying with the idea of taking a week there and maybe stop by and pay a visit to the College of Redwoods.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

I hadn't checked in for the last few days (been swamped at work). Let me know when the planned time and place. I do have some things planned on that weekend, but I may be able to make some adjustments to be there.

Will do Mike! Hope we get to see you there. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!

Oh, and it will be for lunch on Sat. the 21st, at Spring Creek BBQ. If you can make it, that makes 5 total so far. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!

Jim? Ken? How about a report? With pics??????
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Sorry Nancy. It seemed that most of the interest were from Creekers, although several of us, like Mike above, post on both sites. Here is the picture I took of everyone but me.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1985-1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	21668
    l-r Mike Forsman, Bill Huber, Ken Fitzgerald, and Martin Shupe. We had a great time. Bill did his Rockler shopping before lunch, the rest of us went afterwards. One of the salesmen kept asking if he should have had a bowl of peanuts and some drinks out for us. We must have stayed there over an hour shopping and standing in the aisles talking.
    It was a good meal, and great fellowship. This is my second get together, and I hope there are more to come. I had a great time! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!